Note: Navigation menus are at the top of the page.
Next season’s rentals are now available. See the Rentals page.
Retama Village is a luxury RV-oriented community in the “Valley” of south Texas. Within the gated age-restricted (55+) Village is a mixture of deeded RV lots with Coach Houses, “Tiny ” houses with uncovered RV parking, Casitas with uncovered RV parking, “Port Houses” with (covered) RV ports, and single family housing without RV parking. Both trailers and motor homes are welcome.
Individual lot owners offer large RV super sites with a 12’x20′ or larger Coach House for lease. This web site provides availability and pricing of rental sites – rentals are booked directly by the individual lot owners.
You may be surprised to find that the rental of a luxury RV site is surprisingly affordable when compared to commercial RV parks that are not nearly as nice.
All of the luxury RV parks have nice facilities. What makes Retama Village different from other high-end RV oriented resorts?
- Co-located with the World Birding Center. Some of the best birding in the country is here. Even if you are not a “birder”, you will appreciate the exotic birds in the area.
- Co-located with the North American Butterfly Center. There are butterflies galore, and our landscaping draws them in.
- A private outdoor shooting facility for rifle, pistol and shotgun. Certified training staff, and an active shooting club. You won’t find this many other places.
- Some of the best winter weather in the country. A subtropical climate with typically great winter weather.
- A new Performing Arts Center that is one of the best in the country.
- World-class medical facilities and all the big-box stores within ten miles, yet the park itself is in a rural environment.
Retama Village is an RV-oriented community that is part of the 2,600 acre Master Planned Community of Bentsen Palm Development. Retama Village is adjacent to Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort – the finest RV resort in the Rio Grande Valley. Bentsen Palm is rated 10/10/10 and 5 Stars in the latest RV campground publications. It is also independently rated as one of the top mid-sized resorts in the US, and the number 1 rated resort in Texas.
Retama Village was built from inception as an ownership RV community – and thus the facilities are quite a bit nicer than Bentsen Palm Village. As renters at Retama Village you will have some of the Bentsen Palm facilities available to you, as well as the Retama facilities.
Retama Village covenants are restrictive; unlike other RV Resorts in the Valley there are no park models, mobile homes, permanent RV’s, or RV’s with attached rooms or skirting.
Retama is located adjacent to thousands of acres of federal and state wildlife areas, and is surrounded by undeveloped land. Located within walking distance are the World Birding Center Headquarters, the top birding site in the U.S., the largest outdoor butterfly park in the world designed and maintained by the North American Butterfly Association, and thousands of acres of state and federally protected pristine wildlife habitat including lakes, parks, and the Rio Grande River.
Unlike many “ownership” parks, Retama welcomes renters, and includes them in all activities. We know that renters are often our future neighbors.
Bentsen Palm – the master planned community that Retama Village is a part of – has developed extensive hike and bike trails, community parks, lakes and natural areas for the private use of Bentsen Palm residents. This is not an RV Park in an urban/developed environment, however all major big-box stores and medical needs are within 10-12 miles.
Reminder: Navigation menus are at the top of each page.