At Retama Village, you will find high-end amenities for your enjoyment.
The Retama Clubhouse has three heated saltwater pools (lap pool – social pool – spa), Fitness Center, Craft Center, Outdoor Kitchen, Lounge, Library, Billiards Room, Game Rooms, Theater Room, Bocce Ball Courts, Laundry and much more. The large outdoor Party Deck is surrounded by Trellis-covered walkways and soft lighting coming from the large palm trees and landscape areas.
Retama Village is heavily landscaped with native planting materials that attract birds and butterflies to the community. A great effort was made to use natural plantings – you will not find a better RV park for birding and butterfly viewing. All landscaping and lawn maintenance is provided by the homeowners association. Underground drip irrigation provides for a lush environment without wasteful watering of RVs, vehicles, and buildings.
- 40’ x 80’ or 45′ x 95′ RV Supersites. 50-amp electric service with good voltage.
- A 12’x20’ or 12′ x 24′ Coach House is on each lot. The standard Coach House is unfinished, but many of the rentals include a fully finished Coach House with full bath and sitting area. Some have kitchenettes as well. Most of the Coach Houses have double French doors for indoor/outdoor living. For some examples of what can be done with the Coach Houses, take a look at It’s Only A Shed (click). There you will see everything from “Texas Chic”, to moving walls, and the “famous” Margaritaville “shed”.
- Additional details on the types of properties available in the Village can be found HERE (click). Most properties for lease are RV lots with finished or unfinished Coach Houses. There may be other property types for lease from time-to-time, though.
- Large concrete patios and RV parking area. The minimum size concrete patio/parking area is approximately 28’x70’ and is surrounded by landscaping. All landscape maintenance and lawn care is provided.
- $1 M+ Clubhouse. Large pool (with lap lanes) and two side pools.
- Gated. Gates are open during Sales Office hours but otherwise closed. You have an access code.
- The entire community is fully, and exceptionally, landscaped. Less wind in general than the Eastern part of the Valley. Landscaping is designed to attract butterflies and birds.
- Wide paved streets with easy access for the largest of RV’s.
- Cable Internet is available at all sites for an additional charge. The renter is directly responsible for this.
- Cable TV is available at each site for an additional charge. There is a clear view of the southern sky for satellite.
- Good Verizon/Sprint cell phone reception without external antennas, including Internet access.
- No restrictions on washing RV’s.
- Directly adjacent to Bentsen-Rio Grande Valley State Park , World Birding Center, and the North American Butterfly Association Outdoor Butterfly Park. Miles of biking and walking trails in a natural setting. This is not a developed area like other portions of the Rio Grande Valley.
- Bird and Butterfly watching is among the best in the Nation. People come from all over the country to this location for birding and for the butterflies.
- Convenient to all shopping. Wal-Mart and other big box stores are within 10 miles of easy driving.
- Water, sewer and trash pickup are provided. You pay your own electric – by meter.
- RV’s older than 10 years must be approved by individual owners. No pop-ups or truck campers are permitted. Minimum length of RV is 22′.
- Dogs are very welcome. There is a large dog park in Retama Village for your use. There are also miles of trails surrounding the development. You may have two dogs (or two cats) on your lot. Normal rules apply.
- There is an excellent shooting range for pistol, shotgun and rifle, with a very active Shooting Club. There is a nominal fee associated with Club membership, and safety training is required. Club members can receive instruction in many of the shooting sports, and there are NRA certified Pistol Instructors and Range Safety Officers. There is also a steel target course that is based on the Steel Challenge courses.
- There are Pickleball courts and an active pickleball group.
- The large wood shop at Bentsen Palm RV Village next door is available for use.
- 55+ Adult community. Children under 19 years of age may visit for a maximum of thirty days, but must be under direct adult supervision at all times. At least one person renting the lot must be 55+.
- Pictures: Pictures of the Clubhouse and pool area may be seen HERE (click). Pictures of the inside of the clubhouse may be seen HERE (click). Pictures of the RV lots may be seen HERE (click). Click on the “info” button (a circled “i”) and you will see comments on most of the pictures.